Last Update: November 24, 2020
- Overview of the Policy
- 1.2.This website and this Policy are provided, controlled, and maintained by Yakori Corporation with an address at 909 3rd avenue, New York, NY 10022. The company is a business registered and operating under the laws of the United State of America. The words “Yakori”, “we”, “us” and “us” under this Policy are used as substitutes for Yakori and its subsidiaries (if any). The words “you”, “your” and “user”, on the other hand, are used as substitutes for customers and potential customers accessing the website and/or purchasing products through the website.
- 1.3.You are required to read, understand, and agree to how we process (collection, use, disclosure, security, etc.) your information in this Policy. You are also required to read our Terms and Conditions and Cookies Policy and print a copy of each for future reference. By your use of the website and your submission of the requested personal information, you hereby agree to how we process your information as described in this Policy. if you do not agree, you should not submit information or purchase from us.
- Information Collected
- 2.1. Personal Information you submit to us: Personal Information you submit to us is any information that you willingly submit to us when we require it. This information includes but is not limited to your names, email address, phone number, payment information, country, state, street, zip code, and city/town. This personal information may be collected when you (i) provide your shipping information, (ii) submit your payment information for payment, (iii) reach out to us regarding complaints or questions, (iv) sign up to receive newsletters from us, and (v) take part in surveys, promotions, and bonuses offered by Yakori.
- 2.2.Personal Information collected automatically: This is any information that is automatically collected by us through the use of our programmed software when you access the website. This type of information is collected immediately when a user accesses the website. This information may include the user’s device IP Address, location, cookies, and other tracking information. Non-personal information is majorly collected through your device with the help of our tracking tools such as cookies (see our Cookies Policy) and other third-party tracking technologies such as Google Analytics.
- 2.3. Aggregated Information: We collect aggregated information regarding the use of our website in order to determine the level of improvement. Aggregated information is numerical or non-numerical information that is compiled through technologies as reports or summaries for analytical purposes. This kind of information does not reveal the identity of any user. Aggregated information may include the (i) number of users that subscribed to our newsletter, (ii) number of visits to the website, (iii) most features of the website accessed by users, and (iv) website/link a visitor navigates to our website from. We may share aggregated information with our affiliates and third parties to conduct a general business analysis, which, in turn, helps us identify what area or feature to improve on the website.
- How We Use Information
Any information collected by us is for a purpose in relation to your orders, including for providing the services, processing, and delivering your orders.
- 3.1. To process and deliver your orders: We collect personal information to handle your orders, communicate with you during order delivery, and deliver your items to you;
- 3.2.To improve the website and our services: We collect aggregated information to troubleshoot errors, analyze performance, improve the features and services generally provided by us;
- 3.3.Recommend and Personalize features: Yakori uses certain information to recommend products and services that we think may interest you;
- 3.4.To comply with the law and protect our rights: In certain cases, we are required to collect personal information as required by law to protect our rights and other users in the event of claims or disputes;
- 3.5.To communicate with you: We collect your email address and phone number in order to (i) contact you regarding your order, (ii) respond to your questions, complaints, and queries, and (iii) send you updates regarding our services or this Policy and other agreements;
- 3.7.Sending promotional material or other communications if you wish, after receiving your consent.
- 3.8.For other purposes through your consent: We may also process your information for some other reasons which your consent will be sought before we process such information. You may also withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legal Basis for Our Use of Information
We will use the information provided for the above purposes if:
- it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party (for example, to process the payment and deliver the products you have ordered) or
- we have obtained your consent; or if
- we have a legitimate interest in doing so (including a legitimate interest in carrying out marketing activities, research activities, data analysis, and internal administrative functions, processing and enforcing legal requests, and conducting our business in accordance with all applicable laws, standards relevant sectors and our policies).
- Who Does Yakori Share Your Information with?
Yakori does not share the information you submit to us with third parties for their marketing purposes. The information we collect when you use the website and purchase through it may only be shared or disclosed to a third party under the following circumstances.
5.1 Disclosures to Third Party Services Providers: Third-Party Service Providers (“Contractors”) are entities that perform some professional tasks for us in the course of the services rendered to you. Contractors need your information before they can fulfill the contract we have with them. For example, to process your payment, we need to share your payment method information with our payment processor. Also, to deliver the items you have ordered through the website, we will need to forward your shipping information to the relevant shipping agent or company.
Please note: Contractors have obligations (through the agreement between Yakori and them) to keep your information confidential and for nothing else other than fulfilling the task we have hired them to perform.
5.2 Disclosures under the Law and to Protect Rights: Yakori may disclose personal information about you when such disclosures are believed to safeguard or protect our rights or other users; comply with the applicable law; to enforce our Terms and Conditions and the other agreements. These disclosures may include sharing information with law agencies, law enforcement, and other organizations, responding to court orders and subpoenas for the protection of fraud, and carrying out investigations against claims.
Please note: The disclosure of your information under this paragraph will not occur unless it is backed in writing and from relevant agencies.
5.3 Disclosures under a Business Transfer: Business transfers mean any sale of Yakori assets, a merger, consolidation, or acquisition. These are likely situations in the course of business. If any of these occurs, we will have no choice but to share information about you with the other company. For example, should Yakori be acquired by another entity, your personal information will be accessed and controlled by the acquiring entity.
If the transfer of information as described under this section is to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the European Union (“EU”), we will ensure such transfer is done in accordance.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Legal Bases for Use of Information
When we process your personal information, we do so because of the following “Legal bases:”
a) Legitimate Interest: We process personal information to help us conduct our business, but not when your rights or interest overrides our interest.
b) Consent: You gave us your consent to process your personal information. You may withdraw your consent at any time
c) Contract Performance: We must process your information in order to honor the contract between us.
- User Postings
Yakori allows users to post reviews about their experience through our social media pages and email address. By posting reviews through our social media pages, you agree that your review will be public and any person who has access to our social media pages and groups will also see the content of your review. We require that you apply caution on the kind of personal information you attach to any public platform. We will not be responsible for privacy lost from the reviews you posted to our social media pages.
- Targeted Advertising & Marketing Emails
Marketing Emails or Newsletters are the occasional messages sent to your email address for marketing purposes, including offers, bonuses, promotions, and products that we think may interest you (collectively “Marketing Emails”).
By submitting your email address during the order checkout, you are by default added to our newsletter list unless you untick the box provided below it. You may also subscribe to receive Marketing Emails by outrightly submitting your email address at the bottom of the website.
We will continue to send you Marketing Emails until you opt-out of receiving them by unsubscribing via the instructions provided in any Marketing Email sent to you. You may also choose to block Marketing Emails by unticking the box provided when you submit your email address during your shipping information submission.
- His rights and his choices’
- How Long do we Retain your Information?
According to the GDPR law of 2018, you have the following rights regarding the information we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to refuse the submission of information: You may not provide any personal information required from you. However, you will not be able to use the services the information is meant for.
- The right to correct personal information at any time: Any information, including information related to shipping and billing, can be corrected at any time.
You have certain rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or send a request, please contact us as specified below:
- Opt-out of email communications - You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as set out below. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail opt-out - You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by regular mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You can also ask us to refrain from sending promotional mail by contacting us as indicated below.
For questions and queries regarding these rights or other options available to you, use our Contact Us page or send us a direct message to our email address at email@example.com
11. How Long do we Retain your Information?
We only keep information about orders and sales on our database. We keep the order information for as long as the website and services function. This information helps us to monitor the sales we have made and when such sales were made. This allows us to monitor analytics, protect our rights in the event of claims, and help us to comply with applicable laws.
12. Privacy of Minors
If you are under the age of 18, you can visit the site under the supervision of the holder of parental responsibility. Personal data relating to persons under the age of 18 will not be subject to any voluntary treatment and, for this reason, they are prevented from completing and/or completing the registration. In the unlikely event that the processing of personal data of minors is ascertained, we will delete such data from our databases.
We do not permit users that are below the age of majority (usually 18 years in most countries) to submit personal information and purchase from us unless they have support from their parents or legal guardian. By submitting personal information to us, you represent to us that you are 18 years of age or above and that you are able to be bound by this Policy.
13. Third-Party Content
Our websites may contain links, content, or adverts that are posted by third-party websites or companies not affiliated to Yakori (“Third Party Content”). These Third-Party Content are not governed by this Policy; therefore, we do not guarantee the privacy practices of Third-Party Content nor do we guarantee that they are safe to access. Once you leave our websites or get redirected to Third-Party Content, you bear the risk or become liable for any damage or loss you may suffer thereafter. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of Third-Party Content that you wish to access through our websites before submitting information to them.
14. Third-Party Content
We keep the information provided for the duration of our relationships, plus a reasonable period to be able to carry out regular cancellation procedures or to take into account the applicable statute of limitations or if required by applicable mandatory law and, in any case, for a period not exceeding 10 years. If you wish to receive marketing communications, we will keep the information necessary to send you such communications after the end of our relationship or, if you are a prospective customer, after their collection.
15. California Residents (California Privacy Rights)
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, residents of the State of California have the right to request from companies conducting business in California certain information regarding Site’s disclosure within the immediately preceding calendar year of that California resident’s personal information to third parties (and in some cases, affiliates) for their direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties and affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, please send your request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your email. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have complete information.
14. Rights of Interested Parties
According to Article 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 (" Code regarding the protection of personal data ") and articles 15 to 22 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (" General Data Protection Regulation "), The following rights are recognized:
1. Right of Access to the following information:
a. purpose of the processing,
b. categories of personal data in question,
c. recipients or categories of recipients to whom such personal data have been or will be communicated, in particular, if recipients of third countries or international organizations,
d. existence of the right of the interested party to ask the data controller to correct or delete personal data or limit the processing of personal data concerning him or to oppose their treatment;
2. Right of Rectification, by which we mean:
a. correction of inaccurate personal data concerning him without justified delay,
b. integration of incomplete personal data, also by providing a supplementary declaration;
3. Right of cancellation of data concerning you without undue delay, if:
a. the data are no longer necessary with respect to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed,
b. a withdrawal of consent is formulated and there is no other legal basis for the processing,
c. you oppose the processing and there is no legitimate overriding reason to proceed with the processing,
d. the personal data have been unlawfully processed,
e. personal data must be deleted to fulfill a legal obligation,
f. the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services;
4. limitation of processing:
a. if you contest the accuracy of personal data, for the period necessary for the data controller to verify the accuracy of such personal data
b. when the processing is unlawful and the interested party opposes the cancellation of personal data and requests instead that its use be limited,
c. when the personal data is necessary to the person to ascertain, the exercise or defense of a legal claim, even if the holder no longer needs them for the purposes of treatment,
d. if you object to the processing by virtue of the right to object;
5. Receive notification in case of rectification or cancellation of personal data or limitation of processing;
6. Data portability, or the right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device and you have the right to transmit such data to another data controller, if:
a. the processing is based on the express consent of the interested party for one or more specific purposes or takes place on the basis of a contract signed with the interested party and
b. the processing is carried out by automated means;
7. Opposition at any time, for reasons connected with his particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the rights indicated here have not been recognized. To exercise the above rights, you can contact the Data Controller at the addresses listed in the " How to contact us " section.
17. Question & Contact Information
If you would like to contact us for feedback, questions, comments, complaints, and otherwise update the personal information we hold about you, reach out to Yakori through our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or mail us at:
909 3rd avenue, New York, NY 10022
For any notice Yakori wishes to send to you regarding your information or our services, we shall reach out to you via your submitted email address and/or telephone.